Case Types Defined
A Substandard Building is any building or structure which has any of the conditions as listed in the California Health and Safety Code, Division 13, Part 1.5, State Housing Law, Chapter 2, Section 17920.3, provided that such conditions or defects exist to the extent that the life, health or safety of its residents or the public is endangered. These conditions may include, but are not limited to:
- Broken windows
- No hot water
- No drinking water
- Nonfunctioning sewer system
- Infestation of insects
- Nonfunctioning heating system
- Inadequate maintenance of a building's exterior and/or interior
A Code Violation is any violation of:
- California Building Standards Code, CCR, Title 24, current Edition
- California State Housing Law, CCR, Title 25, Division 1, Chapter 1, Subchapter 1, current Edition
- Uniform Swimming Pool Code, Current edition as adopted by the City of Hanford
- Any other federal, state, and/or local law or regulation
An Animal Violation pertains to any and all types of animals and the regulations described in the Hanford Municipal Code, Title 6 and Title 17.
A Non-Operative Vehicle (“Non-Op Vehicle”) Violation is any violation of the Hanford Municipal Code, Title 10, Chapter 10.68. This type of violation would include, but not be limited to, vehicles that cannot move on their own power, wrecked vehicles, miscellaneous vehicle parts not stored properly, etc.
A Property Maintenance Violation pertains to property maintenance issues as described in the Hanford Municipal Code, Title 17, Chapter 17.68. This would include, but not be limited to, repair of fencing, painting of buildings, weeds, debris in yards, etc.
Public Right-of-Way (ROW)
A Public Right-of-Way violation is any violation of the Hanford Municipal Code, Title 12, which would include, but not be limited to:
- Work in the public ROW without a permit
- Installation of banners in the public ROW without a permit
- Abuse or damage to street trees and/or shrubs
- Use of the public ROW without written authorization from the city
A Smoking Violation is any violation described in the Hanford Municipal Code, Title 8. This would include, but not be limited to, smoking in regulated occupancies, etc.
A Sign Violation pertains to all types of signage and outdoor advertising structures, and the care and maintenance of same as described in the Hanford Municipal Code, Title 17, Chapter 17.44. This would include, but not be limited to:
- Size of signage
- Quantity of signs
- Maintenance and care of signs
A Business License Violation is any violation described in the Hanford Municipal Code, Title 5. This would include, but not be limited to:
- Conducting a business within the City of Hanford without a business license
- Operating a business with an expired license
A Parking Violation pertains to the parking of any vehicle as regulated by the Hanford Municipal Code, Title 17, Chapter 17.38. This would include, but not be limited to:
- Parking on lawn areas
- Blocking public sidewalks
- Cars for sale in lots not approved as car sales lots
A Zoning Violation of this type will cover any zoning violation not previously addressed and as regulated in the Hanford Municipal Code, Title17.