How do I report a violation?

There are several ways:

  • Call the Code Compliance Section at 559-585-2633 and speak to one of our Code Compliance Officers
  • Come into the Community Development Department office at:
    317 N Douty Street
    Hanford, CA 93230
    Speak to one of the front counter staff. They will take your complaint information and forward it to a Code Compliance Officer.
  • Mail your complaint to: 
    Community Development Department
    317 N Douty Street, Hanford, CA, 93230
    Attention: Code Compliance. 
    Your complaint will be received and forwarded to a Code Compliance Officer.
  • Complete and submit the Report a Violation form.

Show All Answers

1. As a new homeowner or tenant, how do I find out what I can or cannot do on my property?
2. Do I have to give my name and telephone number when I call in a complaint?
3. How can I find out who turned me in?
4. How do I report a violation?
5. How much time do I have to clear violations?
6. My neighbors have violations too. Why aren't you investigating them?
7. The violation existed before I bought the property. Why am I responsible for clearing the violation?
8. What are the regulations for placing trash and recyclable containers out for pick-up?
9. What are the regulations regarding fences?
10. What do I do if I receive a "Citation" or "Stop Work Order" ?
11. What do I need to do to clear the violation?
12. What kind of signs can I use for my business?
13. When can I have a garage / yard sale?
14. I have made a complaint. How long do I have to wait before I see something being done?
15. Do I need a permit to sell flowers on the sidewalk or street?