Heads up Hanford!
Starting this week, you'll likely hear some hammering and drilling at Hanford City Hall (319-321 North Douty Street).
The City Hall Security Project was approved by the then-city council almost four years ago and is finally moving forward. The project is expected to be completed in late March or early April.
While work is underway, residents will not be able to use the City Hall hallway. Those seeking services from the Parks and Community Services Department will soon be served from a temporary table located just inside the Douty Street entrance (on the right). Those with an appointment in Administration may use the back parking lot doors during the remodel (east entrance).
Here's what you can expect when work is finished.
- A new front counter will be installed at the Douty Street entrance, which will include workstations for staff from Administration and the Parks and Community Services Department.
- Residents/visitors seeking services from the Parks and Community Services Department will be served at this front counter.
- Residents/visitors with an appointment in Administration will check in at the front counter and then use a hallway to access Administration.
- There will be no public access from the back parking lot (east entrance). These doors will be locked.
- A new glass window will be installed at the Community Development Department counter (317 N. Douty Street). Services will not be affected during the installation.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this project.